Friday 19 July 2013

Food: Review of Restoran Santa (Chapati House) - Jalan Tun H.S. Lee


Restoran Santa (Chapati House) is definitely not new to lots of people especially to individuals who works and studies around KL town area. The old restaurant has been around for some 25 years and located on Jalan Tun H.S. Lee. I personally have patronise this restaurant numerous times whenver I feel like having Chapati.

Front of the Chapati House
The layout of the restaurant is very simple, with the owner Mr Singh seated at the counter collecting money and his workers preparing the chapati at the outer counter.

Chapati and Curry Station
Lunch hour during working days are quite crazy since it will be packed full. They even have extra tables and chairs stretch outside along the walkway. Table-sharing is a norm and I wouldn't call it the perfect place if you want to unwind with your colleagues during lunch hour.

Curry and Dishes
Pot of 'Gold' - Dahl Curry
So how do you place your order? Just walk up to the counter and tell them how many chapati(s) you want and pick your side dishes. Their side dishes consists of chicken and mutton. And some vegetables dishes to accompany your meal.

 
Chapati with Vegetable Dishes
As usual, I would order two chapatis and for that day I chose the chicken. I have also tried their delicious mutton many times as well and given a choice I would like to have both.
Teh Tarik
 I chose my seat on the long table and ordered Teh Tarik.

My Chapati Meal
 As you can see, their chapati is quite big in size and by far one of the best that I have eaten. It's soft with wheatish buttery taste. I would rate their chapati 9/10.

Vegetable and Potato
The vegetable dishes are delicious as well. I seriously don't know what the vegetable dishes are called. But for that day, they serve some mix vegetable and potato. It is quite spicy in my opinion but definitely addictive.


Chicken Masala
Their chicken masala is fantastic. The portion that they gave is quite generous and sufficient for one person. The chicken is another spicy dish as the same goes to their mutton dish. Its delicious and trust me, If I'm not working, I would order more.

As I am enjoying my meal, the crowd starts piling in and the seats are filled up quickly. This clearly shows that Restoran Santa has maintained its quality and loyal customers all these years.

I strongly recommend Restoran Santa (Chapati House) to anyone who have the urge to have some Indian cuisine. The total cost of my meal was around RM 6.50, which to me is quite decent.


Location:
11, Jalan Tun H.S. Lee,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Contact:
019 269 9771

Opening Hours:
0630 - 1830 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment